In the depths of winter, adults, as well as children, exert themselves to engage in enjoyable outdoor activities that will keep them warm and provide both excitement and entertainment. Cross-count ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Our recommendations are based on a desire to see you get well and stay well. Chiropractic care is covered under many insurance plans. Most of our patients that have health or accident insurance will fall under one of the plans discussed in this policy. Regardless of your coverage, we will recommend the chiropractic care we think you need. We ask that you read and understand our policy as it pertains to your particular situation.
We request that your first visit costs are paid for at the time of service. On other visits, payments will be made as agreed upon. We accept cash, personal checks, Master Card, Visa and Discover. There will be a $20 returned check fee for returned checks.
GROUP OR INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE
Your insurance is an agreement between you and your insurance company, not between your insurance company and our office. We attempt to take out as much of the “insurance hassle” as possible for you. We will happily call your insurance company to verify your benefits. However, the benefits quoted to us by your insurance company are not a guarantee of payment. As a courtesy to you, our office will complete any necessary insurance forms at no additional charge, and file them with your insurance on your behalf. It is to be understood and agreed that any services rendered are ultimately your personal responsibility. We will file your claim and await payment for up to 60 days. If your company pays the benefits they quoted the only services you will be responsible for are any non-covered services, deductibles or co-pays. If you have any questions at all regarding you financial responsibilities at our office, please do not hesitate to ask.
PATIENTS WITHOUT INSURANCE
An increasing number of patients do not have insurance, or have plans with limited coverage, such as catastrophic policies. We realize that no one wants to build up a large bill. Therefore, we have several plans so those patients may receive complete care without undue financial difficulty. Of course we are always happy to accept cash, your personal check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover cards.
“ON THE JOB” INJURY
(Worker’s Compensation) In the state of Colorado your employer must give you the choice between two Primary Worker’s Compensation Physicians. Our office is not a Primary Worker’s Compensation Physician. In order to be treated in this office due to a work injury you must have a referral from your primary workers compensation doctor. Then your case should be covered in full under your employer’s Worker’s Compensation Insurance Policy. Prior to any examination or treatment you would be required to obtain a written referral from your primary care physician. We would also need the name and address of the insurance carrier, the claim number and the case number for your work injury
PERSONAL INJURY OR AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS
Please notify your auto insurance carrier of your visit to our office immediately. Notify us immediately if an attorney is representing you. In the state of Colorado most auto insurance policies have at least five thousand dollars in medical coverage for treatment of any injuries for the driver or any passengers in the vehicle. No matter whose fault the accident is. Although you are ultimately responsible for your bill, if you do not have any medical coverage on you auto policy, we will accept a Letter of Protection or a Doctor’s lean from your attorney. We will wait for settlement of your claim for up to six months after your care is completed. Once the claim is settled or if you suspend or terminate care, any fees for services are due immediately.
We do accept assignment from Medicare. The check is usually sent directly to our office in payment of the services that Medicare will cover, which for Chiropractors is ONLY manual manipulation of the spine. Medicare pays 80% of the allowable fee once the deductible has been met. You are required to pay the deductible and the remaining 20% as well as any non-covered services. Which include x-ray, examinations, therapies, orthotics, extra spinal adjustments and nutritional supplements. Supplemental Insurances usually will cover the 20% Medicare does not pay for the spinal adjustments and will usually cover Medicare’s deductible. How ever most supplemental policies do not cover non covered Medicare charges. Secondary insurances may or may not cover non covered Medicare charges. Our office completes and files the claims to Medicare at no charge.